My husband gifted me an Instant Pot for Christmas and since it arrived early and there was no hiding what was inside (thanks Amazon…) we started using it right away. It’s been fun learning how to use this new appliance and nearly every recipe we’ve tried making with it has turned out great!
I came across this recipe for Instant Pot Triple Chocolate Cheesecake and saved it for later. I finally got around to making it the other day. It turned out so good! I opted for a graham cracker crust instead of Oreo cookie crust and glad I did because this cheesecake is extremely DECADENT!
I was fine with just a small, sliver sized portion because it was very sweet and rich. Keeping a dessert like this around can be dangerous, so I made sure to share with a few friends!
Here is the recipe with a couple of modifications for the graham cracker crust
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 whole egg – room temperature
- 2 egg yolks – room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz of chocolate (53% – 60% cacao), melted (I used two of these, 60% Ghirardelli Baking bars)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate (I used Toll-house Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips)
- 6 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Spray a 7″ spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- Add two cups of water to the instant pot and place the rack on the bottom.
- Make a tin foil sling to lift the cheesecake in and out of the instant pot.
- Melt the butter then add the graham cracker crumbs to make the crust. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and smash around until it’s even on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Leave in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, both sugars and cocoa powder.
- Once combined, add one egg followed by the 2 egg yolks.
- Melt the chocolate bars (I did this with a double boiler) and add it to the mixture along with the sour cream and combine.
- Add the vanilla and flour and mix until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Place pan on the tin foil sling and carefully lower into the Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot to maximum pressure for 28 minutes.
- Once done, turn machine off and let it return to normal pressure for 15 minutes.
- Unlock lid and use sling to transfer pan to cooling rack for an hour.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- The following day, make the ganache by heating the heavy whipping cream on the stove and bringing to a simmer. Add 3/4 c chocolate and mix until combined. Allow to cool slightly.
- Put a plate over the top of the cheesecake in order to flip over the cake. Release the spring and carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan. Pour the ganache over the top and spread it around with a spatula.
- Put back in refrigerator to cool until ready to serve.